Outdoor artificial trees
Whether you want instant cost-effective kerb appeal or a greener seating area, our artificial outdoor trees enable you to instantly create your vision. Sturdy and incredibly real-looking, simply put them in your favourite pots and enjoy.
Everything you need to know
When you open the box, it’s likely that one or two sides of topiary will be a little flat from laying in the box. Fear not, it’s easy to pop this back into place.
For top results, find your way through the outer foliage to the main plastic stems. Work these out a little until they’re straight. Then gently fluff out the leaves so they are no longer flat. Be careful to move them sideways, rather than pulling them away from the plant.
For more information, read our guide to arranging artificial plants.
These trees, along with most in our range, arrive in a small black starter pot. Help your new artificial tree fit into its new home by pairing it with a suitable plant pot (we’ll offer up some perfect options when you add it to your basket).
This step will also add weight and stability for when it’s in place outside your home. Potting your tree is quick, easy, and only ever needs to be done once.
- Pick a suitable pot. Choose one with drainage if the plant is going outside.
- Prefill the pot so that the starter pot sits just inside the top of the plant pot.
- Pop the tree into the pot.
- Fill around the starter pot with earth, sand, or decorative stones.
The biggest perk of going faux is the lack of maintenance needed to keep stunning greenery looking its best. There’s no watering, pruning, repotting, feeding… the list of jobs is almost endless!
However, there are still a couple of things you can do to help extend the lifespan of your outdoor artificial trees:
- Pot or plant your tree with plenty of drainage.
- Rotate the tree from time to time to ensure any weathering is gradual.
- Treat the base of the stem with a clear wood preserver annually
- Protect (or move) the tree when extreme weather hits.
For more information, read our guide to protecting outdoor artificial plants.